Sunday, June 17, 2012

Picnic for One

Once I knew this guy who was so funny and slightly charming in the best way possible. We had mutual friends who always made comments like "you guys should get married. you're like the same person." I never thought of him as more than a friend through other friends but more and more, at parties and gatherings, I began to wonder that maybe if I knew him better then I could feel differently. I'd also heard from some of those close friends that he might think the same about me. Sometimes waiting for guys to show up at your front door with flowers and a fun/romantic evening planned becomes more like the details of a long lost fairy tale we only heard as children. So in an effort to do something about this possible romance/friendship, I casually texted {because thats less awkward in this scenario} him and mentioned that it would be fun if we went up the canyon for a small, impromptu picnic. I offered to make my famous pb&j and promised that even though I wanted to read, he wouldn't have to. He replied back saying that it was a great idea. He mentioned he could basically squeeze me in for about 30 minutes before something else he had planned. I'll give him credit for having plans on a Sunday afternoon when I rarely have actual plans on such an afternoon but I felt sad that he'd only give me 30 minutes. I offered to do it another day if he wanted, just to see if he'd make the effort to try to come that day even for just a short time. He quickly jumped on the "Let's do it another day" wagon. I was disappointed but tried to understand that he did have plans and I'd be upset if we had made plans and he bailed.
In more of an attempt to keep my spirits high that day, I went any way. Alone.

----------------------------------------


So this is what 'Picnic for One that was suppose to be Picnic for Two' looks like.


Update:
I knew that if I threw the ball into his court, even though he couldn't go that day, he would for sure come to me another day with an equally enticing idea for us to get to know one another better.
Haven't heard from him. I have heard through mutual friends that he "hangs out" with this girl now who is really hot and not really his type.

awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment